Monday, February 14, 2011

Clearing out all the old dead mess

December 2010

My very first job was the yard itself. It had been basically neglected for the past 3 years. It was in major need of some TLC. The area of the yard that needed cleaning is probably about 1/16th of an acre. Till now only dogs (Itchy, Oso, Odin, and Iris) have been back there. Here are some pictures of what I had to begin with:






That is Oso, my mini doxie laying in the sun!

My first task was to pull and pile as much as possible. This was all done over a few days. Some of the weeds back there were 8' or higher! Quite a tough job, but fun and rewarding as well, not to mention all the calories I got to work off!! The next step was to burn all those horrible tumbleweeds.


Next was putting up the fencing around what will become the garden area.



This all pretty much sums up the first round of chores that needed to be done! Here are a few pictures of all our hardwork:


Itchy, Iris, and Odin playing in the freshly cleared yard.


Doing this so far has been really simple and not as much work as I originally thought. Next step is to prepare the garden area.

No comments:

Post a Comment